Preparing for the US History I CLEP Exam

US History I CLEP online study guide

Earn college credits before you arrive on campus.

Whenever. Wherever. For up to 90% less. Prepare for the US History I CLEP exam with EdunationNow’s online US History I CLEP study guide.

Register for online CLEP study course in US History I.
Unlimited access as low as $15.25 per month!

CLEP exam for US HistoryThe US History I CLEP exam covers material taught in the first semester of a two-semester US History course. The CLEP Exam for History of the United States I covers the period of United States history from early European colonization to the end of Reconstruction. Approximately 65% of the US History I CLEP test is based on the time-period from 1790 to 1877. The remaining 35% focuses on the time-period from 1500 to 1789.

Purchase your online CLEP preparation course for US History I.
Unlimited access as low as $15.25 per month!

CLEP study guide US HistoryThe US History I CLEP exam will test the student’s ability to:

  • identify and describe historical events and circumstances;
  • analyze and interpret historical events and circumstances; and
  • compare and contrast historical events and circumstances.

The CLEP Exam for History of the United States I consists of 120 questions to be answered within 90 minutes.

clep exam prep for us historyChronological Breakdown:

1500-1789 (30% of CLEP Exam)

  • The Colonial Period: 1500-1763
  • The American Revolution: 1763-1787
  • The United States Constitution: 1787-1789

Register for online CLEP study course in US History I.
Unlimited access as low as $15.25 per month!

clep study guide us history1790-1877 (70% of CLEP Exam)

  • The New Nation: 1789-1824
  • Jacksonian Democracy & Westward Expansion: 1824-1850
  • Sectional Conflict Leading to War: 1850-1860
  • The Civil War & Reconstruction: 1860-1877

study guide for us history clep examMain Topics (within each time frame)

  • Political Institutions, Behavior, and Public Policy (35% of CLEP Exam)
  • Social Developments (25% of CLEP Exam)
  • Cultural and Intellectual Developments (15% of CLEP Exam)
  • Diplomacy and International Relations (15% of CLEP Exam)
  • Economic Developments (10% of CLEP Exam)

Purchase your online CLEP preparation course for US History I.
Unlimited access as low as $15.25 per month!

Important Themes

us history clep examThe following themes are included in the History of the United States I CLEP Exam:

  • The Nature of Indigenous Societies in North America
  • The Origins and Nature of Black Slavery and Resistance
  • Immigration and the History of Ethnic Minorities
  • Major Movements and Individual Figures in the History of Women and the Family
  • The Development and Character of Colonial Societies
  • British Relations with the Atlantic Colonies of North America
  • The Changing Role of Religion in American Society
  • The Content of the Constitution and its Amendments, and their Interpretation by the Supreme Court
  • The Development and Expansion of Participatory Democracy
  • The Growth of and Changes in Political Parties
  • The Changing Role of Government in American Life
  • The Intellectual and Political Expressions of Nationalism
  • Major Movements and Individual Figures in the History of American Literature, Art, and Popular Culture
  • Abolitionism and Reform Movements
  • Long-term Democratic Trends (Immigration and Internal Migration)
  • The Motivations for and Character of American Expansionism
  • The Process of Economic Growth and Development
  • The Causes and Impacts of Major Wars in U.S. History

Purchase your online CLEP preparation course for US History I
Unlimited access as low as $15.25 per month!

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
This entry was posted in CLEP Study Guide and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>